30 DAY CHALLENGE – Pre-Holiday 2020
There’s no denying that this year has been rough. From Stay At Home orders to losing work, businesses being closed, fear and anxiety over getting sick, worrying about loved ones, feeling alone, being around people too much, not getting to travel, not getting to workout at your favorite Pilates Studio, having too much free time, not having structure, not knowing how to get into the groove of a home workout… it’s been a lot.
It’s been hard to connect, it’s been hard to get alone time, it’s been hard for SO MANY reasons and now the holidays are quickly approaching and they are always so stressful!
Pilates Punx wants to help ease your holiday season with a little support and encouragement to take care of yourself, which is why we are presenting the 30 Day Pre-Holiday Challenge.
Look – Christmas M&Ms (the mint ones) are the best candy ever invented and I have a vicious cycle of wanting to avoid them, worrying that if I don’t buy them that I’ll miss out, over-indulging, kicking myself, and starting the cycle again. Ya know what? It’s been a rough year and I need to have a healthy relationship with Christmas M&Ms! Ya know what else? I spend so much time trying to shop for people, attend holiday events (well, I guess I’m off the hook this year,) decorating, making people feel loved – and I end every year with a resolution for self-care.
THIS year, I’m going to be ahead of that. I don’t want to start 2021 with a feeling that I need to reset and fix what I screwed up in 2020. I don’t want to lose a sense of myself because I’m too worried about making other people happy, because I’m over-indulging, because I didn’t take the time to care for MYSELF. I want to relax on New Years Day and reflect on 2020 without any additional stress or anxiety.
So I invite you to join me in this challenge.
What does the pre-holiday challenge look like?
It’s a 30 Day calendar of:
- Daily movement videos – all Pilates-based, but we’ll have a range of videos from quick workouts to full-length classes, morning stretches, and area-specific focused videos – this is meant to encourage MOVEMENT, but not guilt if you don’t have the time to get a whole class in – that’s why we’ve got a variety – the challenge is a video a day, but some videos are shorter so that you don’t have an excuse to forget about YOU
- Weekly Meal Ideas/Plans – this is less a set rule for food, but more of a reflection on how to listen to our bodies. I have a lot of allergies, so I would never wish my “ideal” (eye roll @ you GI doc & allergist) diet upon anyone due to all of the restrictions – seriously – lactose intolerant, wheat and egg allergies…what’s left for breakfast? But this is a place where I will share with you a rough outline of eating that allows for hopefully less guilt and more enjoyment as all the treats are appearing around us
- Weekly Recipes PLUS a weekly video recipe
- 20% OFF Coupon Code at shop.pilatespunx.com
- Some Pilates Punx check-ins so that you know I’m pushing myself right along with you – I’ll be writing some blog entries and checking in all along the way. I’m right here with you all, so please check in with me too and tell me how it’s going and how you’re caring for yourself!
I’m starting the challenge the day BEFORE Thanksgiving and running it until Christmas Day. Thanksgiving? Really Allie? Look – I’ve struggled with eating too little before a holiday, overeating on a holiday, and then trying to make up for it by exercising way too much the next day and eating too little all over again. I’ve seen so many people come to my classes and do the same. I want to offer workouts when we need them, reminders when we need them, and movement that isn’t always about working hard, but reminding ourselves to slow down, de-stress, and treat our bodies well.
There will be a class-length workout on Day 1, Wednesday – the day before Thanksgiving, there will be a Stretch Video for Thanksgiving Morning, and there will be a gentle return the day after Thanksgiving…. and the rest will be a SURPRISE. But – whether you are lucky enough to be around loved ones this holiday season or you feel all alone, whether you’re in LA or somewhere else, I want you to feel like you’re with me – and we will have a Christmas Video – so you have something to do even if you don’t have something to do…on Christmas.
So – please, take me up on this challenge, please join my Patreon, and challenge your friends to do it too. This is a challenge for me too, I need to lead by example, so I’ll be eating more mindfully, moving daily, drinking less, and most importantly: beating myself up less. I’m a work in progress, I promise. But I will still kick your butts into 2021 – HARD.